Policy Full List (click the right side menu to zoom in)
Ensuring the comfort and enjoyment for all our guest.
Dog Policy -
We love dogs but we do not allow them in season. This is to ensure the comfort of all our guest. Need to have your beloved pet close by while your on vacation, we understand, check this out (Doggies at the Beach).
Due to poor mannered dogs, the Lighthouse Inn has changed its dog policy. Ensuring a good nights sleep and compfort for everyone staying with us.
We allow dogs from September 15 - May 15
- $15 per night per dog.
- Size: no larger than 50 pounds.
- If you think your dog will bark when you are not in the room, for the consideration of our other guest, you must take him/her with you. No dogs allowed in the breakfast room. When leaving the Lighthouse Inn your dog must go with you or placed in their travel container.
- All dogs must sleep on the floor or in a travel container (not on the bed). An additional cleaning charge of $25.00 will be added to your credit card if we find that your dog has slept on the bed.
- Any damage caused by your dog will be billed to your credit card at the time of cleaning.
We will now only accept the following breeds:
- Affenpinscher, Airedale Terrier, American Hairless Terrier
- Basenji, Bedlington Terrier, Bichon Frise, Border Terrier, Brussels Griffon
- Cairn Terrier, Chinese Crested- Hairless and Powder puff
- Greyhound, Italian Greyhound
- Lhasa Apso
- Maltese, Mexican Hairless
- Norwich Terrier
- Poodles- Toy, Miniature and Standard
- Schnauzer, Scottish Terriers, Shih Tzu
- West Highland White Terrier
- Yorkshire Terrier
If your dog breed is not listed, please go to our Bed and Breakfast Association web site for additional accommodations.
We are a smoke free Inn.
- For our guest who enjoy smoking, we have a designated smoking area
Beach Parking -
Off-street parking is limited to one vehicle per unit. Please check with us if you have additional vehicles!
- Only available until check-out time.
Children are welcome: over the age of 16 in the main house and all ages in the Cottage.
- We have no childcare facilities on the premises.
Consumption of Spirits -
Consumption of alcohol is permitted for guest of legal drinking age (BYOB).
- Wine glasses, cups, ice bucket, and ice provided upon request. Be safe! Please don't drink and drive.
Minimum Stay -
- 2 nights stay minimum year round.
- 3 nights stay minimum on Holiday weekends.
- Check In time is 3 p.m. and Check Out time is 11 am.
- When you check-out at 11:00 am and decide to spend the day at the beach, you can use our facilities to freshen up at no charge, and leave your car if space permits.
- For reservations call direct (302) 226-0407
- Calling hours are 11:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m.
- PLEASE do not call before or after these times!
One nights rental, required for rooms.
- 50% deposit required for cottage at time of reservation
- balance due 30 days before reservation date.
Accepted Payment Methods:
- Cashiers or Travelers checks
- Personal checks (15 days in advance of reservation)
- Ten (10) days notice required for refund (*minus cancellation fee).
- Thirty (30) day notice is required to cancel cottage rental.
- If a cancellation occurs within 5 days of a holiday, you will be charged for your entire stay.
- $25.00 fee* on room cancellations.
- $50.00 fee* on cottage cancellations.
Refunds NOT given for inclement weather, no shows, or early checkouts.